A regional Honda dealer wanted to implement a complete digital marketing approach, transitioning away from traditional media such as television and radio, as well as third-party lead providers. This shift took place over three years and resulted in the dealer moving from a 4th place position in regional market share to a #1 ranking.
The campaign goals:
- Increase sales growth
- Increase the number of site visitors
- Generate organic and direct site traffic
Our team of digital experts recommended a digital-first approach centered around the dealership’s website:
- Turning their own website into a lead generation engine, increasing their direct trackable marketing leads.
- The dealership adopted a holistic approach that emphasized multiple traffic sources that both generated traffic alone and magnified organic and direct traffic at the same time.
- A shift in budgets, traffic sources, leads and sales to yield better results than what they’ve previously seen.
Monthly metrics compared to the previous 3 year period:
- Site Visitors increased more than 100%
- Site Sessions increased more than 95%
- SEM/PPC (Search Engine Marketing/pay-per-click) traffic grew 138%
- SEO/Direct (Search Engine Optimization) traffic grew 36%
- Social PPC (pay-per-click) traffic grew from virtually nothing per month to 2,600+/month